Interested in doing business in Kosovo? Kosovo Info offers the benefits, information and contacts to people who are interested in doing business or want to invest in Kosovo. Since 2016, we have also been interviewing successful entrepreneurs to show you best practices. In case you are looking for a consultancy company, we recommend you KosIBC.
TOPICS OF THIS PAGE
- 1 Benefits of doing business in Kosovo
- 2 Relevant organizations in Kosovo
- 2.1 Kosovo Investment and Enterprise Support Agency
- 2.2 Center for Entrepreneurship & Executive Development
- 2.3 Kosovo Business Angels Network
- 2.4 Kosovo Intl Business Consultancy & Communications
- 2.5 Innovation Center Kosovo
- 2.6 Economic Initiative for Kosovo
- 2.7 Kosovo Business Registration Agency
- 2.8 Encouraging Young Entrepeneurs
- 3 Examples of doing business in Kosovo
- 4 Videos about doing business in Kosovo
Benefits of doing business in Kosovo
Good economic circumstances
- Kosovo has an easy tax system, and taxes are very low in comparison with neighboring countries. Corporate tax in Kosovo is 10%, VAT is 18%.
- Local currency in Kosovo is the euro, although the country is not a member of the Eurozone.
- Kosovo is among the 15 best countries of the world in the category of ‘starting a business’.
- Many Kosovars are used to working long days. Many do even work on weekend days and during public holidays.
- The average monthly wage in Kosovo is around 430 euro since 2014.
- Kosovo was among the 10 economies improving the most across three areas, according DoingBusiness.org 2014.
- Seven out of ten Kosovars are younger than 35 years old.
- Kosovo is 60th (out of 189) in ease of doing business. They ranked 86 in 2014.
- There are opportunities abound for example in the IT, wood, textile, agriculture, and mining sectors. The videos below this page will show that.
- A brand new highway connects Kosovo’s capital Pristina with other cities in the region.
- There are many direct flight connections from Kosovo to several countries and cities in Europe.
- Kosovo has the highest internet usage on the Balkans.
- Kosovo’s capital Pristina is very internationally orientated since the EU, NATO, UN and many embassies are based there.
- The diaspora of Kosovars around the world is very big. 700.000 Kosovars live outside the country and visit their homeland often. Therefore many people in Kosovo speak English or German.
- Neighboring countries are easy to access. Montenegro, Albania, Macedonia and Serbia are always around the corner.
- Kosovars, along with the Spanish, are the happiest people in South Europe. The Balkan state ranks #39 compared to the 135 countries on the list. Kosovo is a pretty place to live, with beautiful nature, friendly people and good food for only a couple of euros.
- Kosovo is known for having the best macchiato in the world. Prices are between 50 cents and 1 euro. The local ‘Peja Beer’ is often served on the terrace for only one euro.
- Touristic highlights and nice cities are easy to access.
Relevant organizations in Kosovo
Kosovo Investment and Enterprise Support Agency
Kosovo Investment and Enterprise Support Agency (KIESA) is very important if you want more information regarding doing business in Kosovo. KIESA promotes and protects investments in Kosovo and much more. Their website shares a lot of information about entrepreneurship in the Youngest country of Europe.
Center for Entrepreneurship & Executive Development
Through innovative clubs, CEED Kosovo provides entrepreneurs the tools they need to drive their companies’ growth. For international companies that want to establish a business in Kosovo, CEED offers a Market Access Centre Kosovo. This is a short-term office space with equipment, services and support.
Kosovo Business Angels Network
Kosovo Business Angels Network (Kosban) is established in 2014 supported by Universum College and BiD Network. Kosban aims at strengthening the startup community in Kosovo by bringing together entrepreneurs and angel investors from Kosovo and abroad. The organization is named as the most promosing Angels Network of South East Europe.
Kosovo Intl Business Consultancy & Communications
Kosovo International Business Consultancy & Communications (KosIBC) helps foreign companies to do business in this new economy. With over ten years of experience exploring the country, KosIBC has an interesting network of businesses, governmental organizations, NGO’s, embassies, and business incubators.
Innovation Center Kosovo
Innovation Centre Kosovo (ICK) supports entrepreneurship, innovation and commercially based business development. The center offers incubator services, mentoring, consulting and training to entrepreneurs and managers. ICK is just outside the Kosovo capital Pristina center. Close to the universities and many offices.
Economic Initiative for Kosovo
The Economic Initiative for Kosovo (ECIKS) supports the economic development of Kosovo. They do this by promoting and facilitating foreign investments and supporting the SME-Sector. They also develop economic policies and strategies for Kosovo. Their website has a couple of interesting publications.
Kosovo Business Registration Agency
The Kosovo Business Registration Agency (ARBK) shares information about starting a business in Kosovo. The website provides information regarding legislation and necessary documents. You will see those documents immediately on the homepage. At this specific page, ARBK explains you what you need when registering a new business.
Encouraging Young Entrepeneurs
Encouraging Young Entrepreneurs (EYE) aims to stimulate and support young entrepreneurs in Kosovo and the Diaspora to build successful companies with a strong focus on social and environmental responsibility. ‘With our experience in managing growth companies and our financial resources we have created an ideal environment to support young entrepreneurs.’
Examples of doing business in Kosovo
We interview successful entrepreneurs in Kosovo. They are great examples of how you can do business in Kosovo, and what are benefits of cooperating with Kosovar firms. All of these companies have a link with a foreign client. Sometimes because of export, sometimes because of outsourcing. Of course, we can bring you in contact with a specific company, when you are interested to know more about them. Read here all the best practices.
Videos about doing business in Kosovo
Several videos show the benefits of doing business in Kosovo. They give a quick insight in the opportunities of investing in the small Balkan state.
- These videos promote benefits of doing business in or with Kosovo.