Doing business in Kosovo
Interested in doing business in Kosovo? Kosovo Info offers the benefits, information, and basic facts for who is interested in doing business or want to invest in Kosovo. In case you are looking for a consultancy company, we recommend you KosIBC.
Benefits of doing business in Kosovo
Good economic circumstances
- Kosovo has an easy tax system. Besides that, its taxes are very low in comparison with other countries. Corporate tax in Kosovo is 10%, VAT is 18%.
- Local currency in Kosovo is the euro, although the country is not a member of the Eurozone.
- Kosovo is among the 15 best countries of the world in the category of ‘starting a business’.
- Many Kosovars are used to working long days. Many do even work on weekend days and during public holidays.
- The average monthly wage in Kosovo is around 430 euro since 2014.
- Seven out of ten Kosovars are younger than 35 years old.
- Kosovo is 44th (out of 189) in ease of doing business. They ranked 86 in 2014.
- There are opportunities abound. For example in the IT, wood, textile, agriculture, and mining sectors. The videos below this page will show that.
- A new highway connects Kosovo’s capital Pristina with other cities in the region.
- There are many direct flight connections from Kosovo to several countries and cities in Europe.
- Kosovo has the highest internet usage on the Balkans.
- Kosovo’s capital Pristina is very internationally orientated. This is also because the EU, NATO, UN and many embassies are based there.
- The diaspora of Kosovars around the world is very big. This is because 700.000 Kosovars live outside the country. Of course, they visit their homeland often. Therefore many people in Kosovo speak English or German.
- Neighboring countries are easy to access. Montenegro, Albania, Macedonia and Serbia are always around the corner.
- Kosovo is a pretty place to live. It has beautiful nature, friendly people, and good food for only a couple of euros.
- Kosovo is known for having the best caffè macchiato in the world. Prices are between 50 cents and 1 euro. The local ‘Peja Beer’ is often served on the terrace for only one euro.
- Touristic highlights and nice cities are easy to access.
Relevant organizations in Kosovo
Kosovo Investment and Enterprise Support Agency
Kosovo Investment and Enterprise Support Agency (KIESA). This organization is very important if you want more information regarding doing business in Kosovo. KIESA promotes and protects investments in Kosovo and much more. Their website shares a lot of information about entrepreneurship in the Youngest country of Europe.
Center for Entrepreneurship & Executive Development
Through innovative clubs, CEED Kosovo provides entrepreneurs the tools they need to drive their companies’ growth. For international companies that want to establish a business in Kosovo, CEED offers a Market Access Centre Kosovo. This is a short-term office space with equipment, services and support.
Kosovo Business Angels Network
Kosovo Business Angels Network (Kosban) is established in 2014 supported by Universum College and BiD Network. Kosban aims at strengthening the startup community in Kosovo. They do that by bringing together entrepreneurs and angel investors from Kosovo and abroad. The organization is named as the most promising Angels Network of South East Europe.
Kosovo Intl Business Consultancy & Communications
Kosovo International Business Consultancy & Communications (KosIBC) helps foreign companies to do business in this new economy. With over ten years of experience exploring the country, KosIBC has an interesting network of businesses, governmental organizations, NGO’s, embassies, and business incubators.
Innovation Center Kosovo
Innovation Centre Kosovo (ICK) supports entrepreneurship, innovation and commercially based business development. They offer incubator services, mentoring, consulting and training to entrepreneurs and managers. ICK is just outside the Kosovo capital Pristina center. Close to the universities and many offices.
Economic Initiative for Kosovo
The Economic Initiative for Kosovo (ECIKS) supports the economic development of Kosovo. They do this by promoting and facilitating foreign investments and supporting the SME-Sector. They also develop economic policies and strategies for Kosovo. Their website has a couple of interesting publications.
Kosovo Business Registration Agency
The Kosovo Business Registration Agency (ARBK) shares information about starting a business in Kosovo. Their website provides information regarding legislation and necessary documents. You will see those documents immediately on the homepage. At this specific page, ARBK explains you what you need when registering a new business.
Encouraging Young Entrepeneurs
Encouraging Young Entrepreneurs (EYE). They aim to stimulate and support young entrepreneurs in Kosovo and the Diaspora to build successful companies This should be with a strong focus on social and environmental responsibility. ‘With our experience in managing growth companies and our financial resources we have created an ideal environment to support young entrepreneurs.’
Videos about doing business in Kosovo
Where is Kosovo? Where is Kosovo? The Republic lies in the South East of Europe. In the heart of the so-called Balkans. On this page
Tourism in Kosovo Planning a holiday to Kosovo? Have a day off in the small Balkan state? The country has a lot to offer. Beautiful